Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

Sausage Party – Early Thoughts



Ew just ew.



That’s all I really have to say about this movie I think it's disgusting and the only reason I saw it was because free tickets were involved.  Also as a fan of animation I had a glimmer of hope that being an R rated film, which is rare but not unheard of in animation, that it might bring something new to the table.  It does not.  There’s no cool animation style, there’s no theme, it’s not even a real parody of what say Disney does, because it’s not a musical in any sense.   It just gross and depressing, I laughed at exactly one spot: the meatloaf gag during the ‘I Would do Anything for Love’ song; and I enjoyed exactly one bit of animation: the background styling of the individual isles based on their theme. That was it.

Really this thing exists to spout crude humour and take refuge in audacity with sexism, racism, homophobia, rape jokes, and I think there might have been an attack on strawman atheism in there at the end, but at that point I had long since stopped caring.  I couldn’t even sit through the sex orgy at the end and the villain, a literal douche, serves no purpose at all and could have been cut with no consequences except for losing one more dick and rape joke.

If you enjoy crude humour you’ll like this movie, plenty of other people in the theatre with me were laughing so clearly there is appeal, but I am not one of the people this appealed to at all and I would just like to forget I ever saw it.        

No comments:

Post a Comment